Thursday, January 15, 2009

TIMMY CAN'T CONFESS DUE TO DISABILITY! DOES THAT MEAN HE'LL GO TO HELL?!

I'm reading an awesome book right now called "The Dream of Reason: a History of Philosophy from the Greeks to the Renaissance" In it, the writer explains some aspects of Pythagorean philosophies, including the belief that

"...geometry which is deserving of study is that which at each new theorem, sets up a platform to ascend by, and lifts the soul on high instead of allowing it to go down among [physical objects perceived by the senses] and so become subservient to the common needs of this mortal life."

If that's true, what if you're dyslexic? Makes me think of the dumb catholic man who can't confess his sins. Only with math.

Having said that, I have no fuck that guy of the day. Maybe my rage is finally subsiding.

2 comments:

She said...

How about my arsehole neighbour? He keeps banging doors and thumping up and down the stairs to our walk-up apartments.... and blasting this truly evil playlist comprised of 80's hair metal and honky tonk.

Why? Because he thinks he hears banging coming from our suite across the hall. He's clearly lost his marbles... the only banging ever is at the bottom of the stairs, when my roommate David brings in his bike and the door swings shut....

Fucking old people. SERIOUSLY. Right now I can HEAR HIM through my wall, banging around and swearing and generally being a crazy, angry sheet metal worker in his late 50s. GROSS.

So yeah. FUCK THAT GUY.

Naomi said...

That sounds deserving. Fuck that guy.

 
Locations of visitors to this page