Thursday, May 22, 2008

<3 )~ a mouse for Mitch.

It's a beautiful day outside, and right now I'm trapped in my basement dungeon office pretending to be doing work. It's technically lunch time right now, so I think it's okay for me to be blogging. It's a shame I'll be too busy the rest of the day to get out and really enjoy it.

This morning I actually got out of bed almost at a respectable hour and hastily biked to work, neck and neck with a vicious rain storm that insisted on spitting on me. I've been biking a lot lately as my car is no longer insured or registered in my name. Also, I like to think I'm environmentally consciencious. It's been fun though, and I feel a lot better being active. Also, my bum looks different which is a perk I suppose.

Yesterday was pretty fun, as Josh and I went on an epic quest to find a tour van. We found two pretty good candidates so it was a worth it. Meanwhile, the tour is looming like a frighening goliath that still needs to be tackled. Tour dates are coming together, recordings are getting underway, and other plans are being planned (such as beer and wine production) but much work is yet to be done. The anticipation just kills.

I finally bought a new notebook. It wasn't that long ago that I would consistently write something in a notebook every day. Lyrics, poems, rants, observations, what have you. It's still completley blank. New notebooks are kind of intimidating if you haven't written in a while. I used to love that feeling of getting a new one, I went through them so quickly. Fresh pages are so beautiful, and smell so clean, I just love it. It's almost a shame to write on them, but it's completely worth it when you finish it, and every page becomes soft and worn, with ink blotches and finger prints and words and words and words and words.

I think I broke my cell phone. I dropped it on my bathroom floor and it exploded into three pieces. I snapped it all back together, but it's not taking every call I receive, and I keep getting random voicemails out of nowhere. Nick might be getting a new phone from My Josh the cell phone salesman pretty soon, so I might buy his for $50 and some romanian shortbread. I dug out the recipe the other day. I feel prepared to bake a storm of deliciousness.

I hate writing when I can't rant about things that are actually on my mind, so I'm going to stop here. It's a good start, see if I can get back into the swing of things.

2 comments:

Marcy Judith May said...

Don't worry Naomi. I only told Mitch his blog was my favorite so he wouldn't suspect that really, your blog is my favorite.

Just don't tell Mitch or Alycia.

Mitch W said...

Ice cold Marcy! A mouce for me like little mcie heads on stakes in your original post?

 
Locations of visitors to this page