Wednesday, September 02, 2009

You can't plant me in your penthouse, I'm going back to my plow...

So, here we are. Three months devoid of posting, and for what? Well, I've moved to Victoria. Seemed weird at first, but I'm feeling settled. I'm more busy than I have time to explain! I'm very thankfully a part of Nexus, Camosun's student paper, and I'm really enjoying working with them. It's forcing me to take my photography seriously, which is awesome. I'm feeling pangs of missing home, however. Josh is far away. I have Burt. It's great. Cats are such wonderful companions. I'm reading a book called The Immortalists, about how Charles Lindbergh was obsessed with not dying or some crap. I'm only like four chapters in. I need to finish reading it so I can return it.

Here's a list of things I've done in Victoria:
  • got a library card.
  • rode my bike around town
  • saw a bumper sticker that said "I'm only speeding because I have to poop"
  • Talked my way out of Josh getting a parking ticket
  • carved a triceratops out of clay
  • gawked at the horrible amount of hipster trash
  • met some really extremely cool people who aren't hipster trash!
  • learned how to play "Bennie and the Jets" on piano instead of practising cello
  • fallen madly in love with a tall dark and handsome cut throat business man from Madison Ave.
  • baked cookies
  • cooked amazing butter chicken
  • got high with Torie and Skyla and stole someone's pears from their pear tree
  • got hired as a photographer for the campus paper and do some photo shoots!
Torie also introduced me to a lounge that makes amazing martinis for $4.50 on Mondays. That's also the only day of the week that I don't have classes. Coincidence or fate?

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page